Lavender Whipped Body Butter
What You Need;
- 1 cup solidified coconut oil
- 10-15 drops of Lavender or use an oil to suit your particular skin type
What To Do.
- Add the coconut oil to a clean bowl and whisk until the oil becomes light and fluffy (takes 5 – 10 minutes).
- Add your oils and mix well.
- Store in a container in a cool place.
Peppermint Sugar Scrub
What You Need:
- 1 cups brown sugar (organic if possible)
- 1/2 cup oil. Choose from either grapeseed, coconut, or almond oil
- 15-20 drops peppermint essential oil
The above ingredients are required to fill a 100 ml up to just over the middle of the jar. You can increase the amount of ingredients you use to fit the jar size. For every one cup of sugar add ½ cup of oil.
What To Do
- Add the sugar to a mixing bowl.
- Gradually pour in the oil and stir to combine.
- Add the Peppermint essential oil and mix well.
- Store in an airtight container.
Notes for making home made products.
- Ensure all utensils and jars you are using are sterilised.
- Avoid using your hands to touch any of the products.
- These homemade products should last up to 6 months however it is advisable to only make the amount you need and to make a fresh batch when needed.
- Adding something like Vitamin E can act as a natural preservative and will give your product a longer shelf life.
- Coconut oil contains antimicrobial lipids, lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid which have antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties. This is why it’s such a common ingredient in many homemade beauty products.
Please note the oils used above are doTerra Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade oils so are safe for topical use. If you are using a different brand please ensure that the oils you choose are suitable to apply directly to your skin.
Until next time … keep the faith,